Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A new kick.

It's amazing how quickly things change. A few days ago, I was working as a barista in a local coffee shop here in my city. The next thing I know I have another job placed before me that I never thought would be and option for me to do. I'll be helping families in poverty, making sure their kids are safe, and being someone they can talk to if they needed anything at all, or even just a friend. I can say that I am not completely comfortable with this quick drastic change. If I was not asked to do this job, I would have never even heard of it.
When I would really start feeling scared, I could feel that it is what I am supposed to do. These people that I am going to be helping is what God trained me for my entire life. I grew up in their situations and was rescued from it when I came to know Christ. I love using the word "rescue".
You don't get to use it very often.
I know it's by the grace of God that this is now what I'll be doing. I will actually be helping people, serving them so they can meet their family's needs. It's a great honor to me.
I go in this morning to get paperwork filled out, and go over everything that is going to be accomplished for the next few months. I will also be directed where my office will be. There's another thing I thought I would never say.. "MY OFFICE"
ooooo I'm so sophisticated. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment