Thursday, November 15, 2012

Where have I been?

The last time I even read my blog post, let alone wrote one, was well over nine months ago. I should be ashamed. How relaxing it is to do this, yes?
So much has changed. My life has become so uplifting and...fearless I suppose I can say.

I'm finding it very difficult to begin this, not knowing where to start considering it's been so long. It's like picking up an old book that you once loved but you have to wipe and blow all the dust off that's accumulated and then you feel slightly sad because you know how much you loved that book but you set it down far too long.

Then you start it all over again and the love and freshness swoops over like nothing has even happened.

Today is a beautiful warm November day and Thanksgiving is just one week away. The thought of that is truly bittersweet because the Holidays are my favorite time of the year. Once they are over there is this sadness of packing back up the memories, laughter, and family bonding time that you have waited all year for, and now you have to wait a year again. It comes and goes far, far too quickly.
This year, however, is COMPLETELY new to me! I have been married six months now, and this will be my first Holiday season with my new hubby Josiah. Such a sweet lad he is... So put together, yet stays a full child at heart. I love that.
I just can't believe how Martha Stewart I have gone since being married though. I'm excited over silly things that I never would have found exciting! Like, laundry soap and how to make your own. No kidding. (Using a mixture of Borax, a bar of Fels Naptha, and Arm and Hammer washing soda)
I know. Crazy. In the long run this saves you tons of money and you end up having laundry soap forevs.
What in the world, why did I get on the topic of clothes soap. Back to HOLIDAYS!
I feel like Santa Claus too, man. I've been buying presents each paycheck I receive and I truly believe I have outdone my husband. Poor guy doesn't even know what to get me. He is just way easy to shop for. For crying out loud I could hand him a jar of applesauce and he would think I was handing him a brick of gold and chocolate. This is just one of the many, many things I love about him. We have decided to purchase a real tree this year because he has never had one in his life. That is indeed a sad thing. I can do without the daggum needles and watering the thing with sugar sweet water every other day. Sheesh. Actually, when I think about Christmas trees, all I think about is my cat Cloven attempting to be the topper of the tree. This is going to be so interesting. I can already hear Josiah yelling at the poor girl, while I stand in the back in a complete fit of devious laughter. See, Cloven and I understand each other, despite the fact she is a feline. If you become a cat lover, you tend to become a cat. Hopefully she won't hate be after today though.. I sent her off to the vet to have a little kitty hysterectomy. The thought of having baby kittens around is so warm and bubbly, but I can't risk it. Poor Josiah would most likely have a mental breakdown. I won't lie, I'm sure being married to me has been a tremendous catastrophe at times and I am so thankful that he has come with me this far. Josiah has helped me through so many obstacles that I could never have performed on my own. He's my best friend and is always there to cheer me on. I do my very best to be the same for him.

This feels good being able to briefly write a small over view of my life. I'm sure I could keep rambling but I should start saving up stories and what not for later rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment